Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

....Let's try this again

Well....It has been an interesting...not so good year and a half... 

So let's get started I will tell you all about it. Then we can get down to business, well, back in business!

So the last time I posted was June 11th, 2012...My Grandfather had just passed away and it was pretty hard to keep up with the blog.

So here is what happened after that day....

We had my grandfather's memorial in August, on that Saturday the my family stayed in Sioux City and hung out. My father drove back on that Sunday night and dropped my VW Bug off at our house...

My VW, worked on by my Dad.


That Tuesday my father went to the doctor and was diagnosed with pneumonia, He got his medicine...The next thing we know on Thursday August 23rd my father was rushed to the hospital and passed away.

This was a total shock to everyone in our family. I am 28 years old my father was 51.


Perfect picture of my Dad. This was him to a T.

It has taken awhile... as we all know, no one is ever over losing someone. With my Dad, I saw him 3-5 times a week and talked to him on the phone all the time. I had lived with him up until 2011.

It is time however to get back to blogging, and back to life...I have been doing a lot better and so have all of my family. We have an amazing support structure from our Mother to In-Laws and AMAZING Friends!!

We've had a couple of milestone in our lives...this time they are good! 

C, my Sister got married and we welcome her step-daughter G into our lives. She's super sweet, and C's new Husband is super nice!

Also my other sister, M, had a Baby!!! Both The Hubs and I are God Parents so I'm sure you'll see lots of pictures of Baby L :)

Okay...Here's one....
Me and Baby L
He's a little bigger now, he was born on July 10th.

All in all, the very bad...the very good...we'll make it through! Here's to a great year!!

I wanted to start blogging again, but I knew I needed to let everyone know why it has been so long. I look forward to the amazing journey we are about to take together!!

<3 The Wifey!

Below is the poem that was read at my Father's Celebration of life. It's the best way to describe how a pilot lives and where he goes after he dies. 

I hope there's a place, way up in the sky,
Where pilots can go, when they have to die-
A place where a guy can go and buy a cold beer
For a friend and comrade, whose memory is dear;
A place where no doctor or lawyer can tread,
Nor management type would ere be caught dead;
Just a quaint little place, kinda dark and full of smoke,
Where they like to sing loud, and love a good joke;
The kind of place where a lady could go
And feel safe and protected, by the men she would know.

There must be a place where old pilots go,
When their paining is finished, and their airspeed gets low,
Where the whiskey is old, and the women are young,
And the songs about flying and dying are sung,
Where you'd see all the fellows who'd flown west before.
And they'd call out your name, as you came through the door;
Who would buy you a drink if your thirst should be bad,
And relate to the others, "He was quite a good lad!"

And then through the mist, you'd spot an old guy
You had not seen for years, though he taught you how to fly.
He'd nod his old head, and grin ear to ear,
And say, "Welcome, my son, I'm pleased that you're here.
"For this is the place where true flyers come,
"When the journey is over, and the war has been won
"They've come here to at last to be safe and alone
From the government clerk and the management clone,
"Politicians and lawyers, the Feds and the noise
Where the hours are happy, and these good ol'boys
"Can relax with a cool one, and a well-deserved rest;
"This is Heaven, my son -- you've passed your last test!"

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up with blogs and read this. I am so very sorry. My mom just passed away unexpectedly too. Your dad was so young (and you so young to lose him). I'm glad you made the time to make a lot of great memories with him.

    ReplyDelete