Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Get a New Job, or be Promoted in the Job I have #54

When I wrote this on my Day Zero project I was thinking that I would be working on a promotion or a new job in about 2 years. But fate stepped in and I was able to work on it faster.

As most know I work in IT, and a Help Desk located at a Hospital. We answer calls for a lot of different places, in quite a few states. I am not saying a lot because I have no desire for my job to see anything about this post, and I have no desire for anyone to relate this back to my job!

I love the people I work with, I dislike very much my job. It's not as bad as others I have had in the past but with the politics that happen in the office(not with my co-workers but with the Management) it is almost like pulling your hair out everyday.

I decided I had enough after they told me that I was going to be getting back on the phone and the job I was doing would be going away. I had been told in the past that the position I was working at would be moved to a different department, and I would be moving with it. That never happened, and frankly I'm glad.

I was able to apply and interview for a Physician Liaison position. This is a couple of steps above the job I do now. Luckily I was able to get the position. I think it is a good fit, and love the idea of working with people one on one. I will be the "right" hand of the physicians I am working with.

So I guess a few years ahead of schedule but I can cross this one off my list! I start on Monday, and will miss my co-workers very much but look forward to this new opportunity.

<3 The Wifey

2 comments:

  1. Congrats I know you will fit well in this new job. I am very happy for you and only want the best for you and your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It will be a fun time, and I'll be able to have lunch with you sometimes!!

      Delete