Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Furbabies!

So with all of the craziness going on around The Hendo house I didn't get to properly introduce our Furbabies. They are really like our children(we still haven't decided if we want any actual kids).

During our 9 year relationship The Hubs and I took a 3 month break from dating, it was much needed. A lot of growing up on both parts happened while we were apart and we took a fresh look at each other and decided if we were going to get back together or not. As we all know we did :) During our break I wanted a change, so I decided to get a dog. I wasn't looking for any type of dog in perticular. So A, one of my best friends(I'm sure we'll see her later) told Barb a co-worker about it and she knew a guy that had a dog.

So A and I went and met the dog, so fricken cute! I took him that day, A actually let him ride in her car. That's a big deal!! So of course The Hubs and I were still taking our break but he had to come see him along with C(The Hub's best friend). He fell in love with him too! At first his name was Uber, because I said that word all of the time, like Uber sales and whatnot, but after about 3 hours of calling him that A and I decided we it wasn't a good name for him.

I decided he could pick out his own name, I pulled out the phone book and started to read names to him, waiting for a response. It took about 4-5 names and he picked Gus. It works too, he's such an old man dog except for the fact he gets way too excited sometimes!

How Fricken Cute is he?!

A different view. For a while he was iffy about the stairs at my Dad's house!
After The Hubs and I got back together we talked about getting another dog. Then we heard the Gus's Mom & Dad were having another litter. We jumped at the chance to get another Lab. Gus was such a good dog it would be awesome to have another! So we got another dog, of course we were able to go choose the dog. We picked the only one that was sitting in the corner not playing with the other pups. We figured he'd be a little more calm than Gus. The Hubs got to pick his name this time, he had a couple of different names in mind but landed on Toby.

Toby is a little crazy, but super lazy he is awesome. He's a lover for sure, and is willing to do almost anything for a treat.

Proud Papa!
Typical Toby!
That of course was about 3 years ago! I can't believe it's been that long!!! Here is a little more recent picture of the 2 of them!

Ready to go to work! LOL

I was talking to A on the phone the other day, and we were talking about how old the boys(dogs) were getting. Check out their mustaches & beards!!
Look at all those Old Man hairs! LOL
Thank you for letting me talk about my Boys, I know it's been a useless post but now you know my whole family. Well at least the ones I live with!!

<3 The Wifey

1 comment: