Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Movies, Movies, Movies!! #78

Here we go, I figured this would be a good start to our 1001 day journey with Movies! I love movies, not as much as some people but a good movie goes a long way for a person.

The rules I want to stick to for this goal in the Day Zero project are simple.
  1. I will watch a new movie each week for a year. 
  2. All of the movies I can choose from are on 1 of 2 lists.
           100 Movies to see before you die
           100 Movies to see before you die : The Modern Classics

     3. I must be able to get these movies either on Instant watch on Netflix, or by mail on Netflix. If however a friend has one I can borrow I can watch it that way.
     4. I will not buy any movie that I want to watch out of the 52 weeks of movies.

...And we're off!!

Week 1, I have decided to watch The Big Lebowski. It is from The Modern Classics top 100 movies. I asked The Hubs if he wanted to watch it with me(of course while he was playing SWTOR) he turned and said he'd seen it and didn't need to watch it again. Then he proceeded to turn back to his game and get lost again. I did however ask him again what he thought of it, so I knew what to expect. The Hubs said, he thinks it's was funny. We'll see how that goes!

I just finished watching the movie and I have to say a good way to start this Project! It was good, I can see why it's a Modern Classic. It has super funny parts, and a great story line.
The best part is I was watching it while on the Computer Playing WoW of course, and The Hubs was playing SWTOR and he stopped playing and decided to scoot his chair over so he could see the screen and start watching again with me.

The movie on a whole is just funny, there are parts where it drags and I'm not going to go through the whole movie, but just tell you about parts that I liked a lot!

I love the voice of the story, it is nice that it comes from an outside perspective. You aren't really sure where it comes from but he is revealed in the end. He was the perfect voice of the show, from a "far" away land that was not part of the story. 

Sam Elliott - The Sranger
Of course there is one main charter, but we all know there are a couple of supporting characters. John Goodman plays a crazy vet that was in Vietnam. He works so well as this person, he is funny. Plays getting mad very well, and is very believable.

John Goodman plays Walter & Jeff Bridges plays "The Dude"
There are so many great quotes in this movie, such great lines. It was very well written. I did find myself wondering off towards the middle. I wasn't really bored but I could find something else to do while watching the movie. My favorite line of the movie was in the beginning where the whole story starts that will play out for the rest of the movie. It was from "The Dude" when he was getting beaten for information on a wife he doesn't have. He stated, "At least I'm house broken". You can only image what it was about! Funny stuff!!

Overall I would recommend this movie to anyone that hasn't seen it. The twists and turns of all the players are great. I would give it a 3.5 out of 5 starts. Worth watching once to say you've seen it!

<3 The Wifey

2 comments:

  1. That's my hubby's favorite movie! I'm going to have to check out these lists... I wonder if they overlap much with the AFI's Top 100... if not I may add this to my next Day Zero list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are making a Next Day Zero list already!!

    ReplyDelete