Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

SWTOR - Star Wars -- #95 -Try a different MMO.

I am going to start this post with saying I love WoW(World of Warcraft). It has and always will be my First and Favorite MMO.

Alright down to business, an MMO is a Massively Multi-player online game. Part of my Day Zero List was #95 to Try another MMO. Right now I play WoW. It is an online game that is played by over 11 Million people throughout the world. I got started in the game while The Hubs and I were dating. I saw him playing, I knew of the game but never knew how to play. I started to watch him over his shoulder and then he got me a trail account so I could try myself. It was a lot of fun. The big aspect that I love about the game is the social component.

For me it was the fact that I could be in a game, playing a character and meet people all over the world! I have friends on there from Europe, Australia, Japan. It is a great way to get social interaction. It has always been about the social for me. I have played now for about 5 years. The Hubs has played for a lot longer than I have, he was one of the first people to get into WoW and play it from Vanilla WoW, as it's called(classic to the rest of the world) in 2004. There have been many expansions to the game so it keeps us as players interested.  The game itself is based off of books, The Hubs has read them all. He loves the lore of the books and the game.

Here are what the different Logo's have looked like over the years and expansion!!
Orgional
Burning Crusade
Wrath of the Lich King
Cataclysm
I love WoW! It is a very fun time and a place where you can get lost and not have to worry about the everyday world. There have been people that get addicted to it and that can be bad. I know I play a lot, but during wedding planning I stopped playing for a while. It was a hard decision after we got married to go back or not. I'm glad I did.

Here are a couple of pictures of Beeleave off  WoW. I love her hair!!

Full Shot

Head Shot
Now Star Wars: The Old Republic is another MMO that just came out this year. The Hubs was really big into trying it. They allowed him to beta test the game. I logged into his account to see what it was like. It was nice. I still wasn't sure if I wanted to play. Some people online were saying it was a WoW killer. I doubt that simply because 11million people play WoW.

I will give SWTOR it is a great game. After about a month of The Hubs and all of our friends playing I decided it was time. I got an account and LOVE IT!!!! I play a Bounty Hunter(like Boba Fett & Jango Fett from the Movie) as heals. I love healing on WoW my main toon is a Priest healer. It is a lot of fun, it also helps that I play with all of the people I know in real life. I love the cut away scenes. Almost every quest you get goes with a story the NPC you are getting the quest from tells you why you are getting whatever they are asking for.

Of course when you have a name and like it might as well use it on both games, Plus all the people who play WoW with me know who I am!! So here's Beeleave off SWTOR
Head Shot, I couldn't get a full body!

Overall I'd say SWTOR is a great game, a WoW killer no. Will I stop playing WoW? Nope, will I only play one or the other after a while? Yep. Why you ask because at $15 a month per game adds up at the end of the day, then add The Hubs playing and $60 a month in total is a little much!! But I am glad that I was able to cross a project off my Day Zero list!!


I will leave you with a couple of WoW commercials! They are super funny and amazing that they have all these actors that want to be a part of WoW!! (Just shows you what my favorite game really is)

                                                            Ozzy - Horde
                                                 Chuck Norris - Alliance
                                                            Mr. T

<3 The Wifey
                                   

FOR THE HORDE

No comments:

Post a Comment