Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Movies #78

First I wanted to apologize for not writing more.  I have been fighting a cold and now an Ear Infection so I haven't been writing posts! No worries I am on horse pills now and hope to be done with it by the end of the week!

Now onto Movies :)

This weekend we watch The Princess Bride. By we I mean A and I.

A After the Movie! She loved it!!
I have to say I've seen the movie at least 5 times and every time it just keeps getting better! A had never see it before so it was exciting to see it with her. Our other friend DD George told A a long time ago that she was going to revoke her friendship card because A had never seen the movie.

I love, love, love this movie. If I ever had kids this is one that they would HAVE to watch. It is just such a great story with it's quirks that make it a classic! Just the humor behind the lines and the fact that you can take the story as something that might have really happened. With all of the fairy tales that are incorporated into the story it still has that "down to earth" feel.

Wesley & Buttercup

My favorite character of the entire movie is Inigo Montoya. I love the idea of his character. Super funny with his words yet very serious. Mandy Patinkin the actor is one of my favorites as well. He does such a good job showing the emotion Inigo feels about the loss of his father. I love the scene when he is waiting for Wesley to climb up the rocks so they can duel. The he helps him up the rocks and allows him to rest before the duel. He then asks him if he has 6 fingers on his left hand. The movie was put together in a way there were clear cut villains and heroes. But only after doing bad does Inigo Montoya come out as a good guy.

Inigo Montoya
I wanted to see what A had to say about the movie, during the first 10 minutes she stop and said there have been so many great 1 liners. I agree, this movie is full of quotes and the best part is that the younger generations are starting to watch it too. Anyone can watch this movie and relate at some point in time, and will laugh a lot of the time. Just the satire of the entire movie makes it worth the watch. I do not own the movie, however I have added it to my list of movies to buy. I could watch it over and over again!

I am going to leave you with pictures of fun stuff that happened. I know these pictures will mean a lot to everyone that has seen the movie!

<3 The Wifey






1 comment:

  1. I watch this movie CONSTANTLY! It's my 2nd favorite movie after "Love Actually".

    Everything about this movie is so great! The characters, the writing, the plot, the humor... LOVE!

    ReplyDelete