Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

There is a dark, cold space under our stairs... #62

It's true! There was a dark, cold space under our stairs that didn't do anything. There were 2 openings to it. One behind the TV shelving unit we have, and the other in the Kitchen downstairs behind the fridge that is in there. What a waste of space. I know normally there isn't really anything under the stairs but in our house we don't have a ton of storage if we have all of the rooms full. We needed somewhere to put our crap! LOL, and by crap I mean Christmas decorations!!

This is what it looked like when we started! Behind the Fridge!


So I asked The Hubs what he thought about making the hole under the stairs bigger, now that Christmas was over and we needed to put the decorations away. He just looked at me for a second like I was from Mars, then he realized what I was talking about!! He said he'd have to take a look. Well 2 weeks went by nothing....nothing...nothing... Then I realized we both had a day off together. I asked him what we needed to do, he said call his Dad to have him take a look.

So that happened and H's Dad came down(a very nice man that knows EVERYTHING) took and look and said we should be good to go because the 2x4 that was in the middle of the wall was not a supporting beam.

Next thing I know The Hubs is walking back in the house with a Saws-all and Table Saw, went strait downstairs and went to work!

The Hubs Getting ready to do some work!!

It was nice to get started. This was our first "demolition" project in the house. Not that is was that big, The Hubs and I have done much bigger projects at my Dad's house. But it was fun. I had to get dinner ready to I left The Hubs to his thing.

I came back downstairs to find a bigger hole in the wall and the vacuum being used! The Hubs does like our Dyson so he vacuum's more than I do! I was excited to see what it looked like so I could start shoving stuff in there!!!

Big empty hole!!!

Bam!! It is clean and man that's a lot of space!! I was super excited. I figured we'd only have enough space to fit a couple of tubs and maybe, just maybe the Christmas Tree! I was wrong, there is a lot of space in there! Now that The Hubs had it all cleaned out we can start packing it up.

We really didn't want to have boxes on the ground just in case the floor got wet for any reason. Who knows, it could happen! But I wanted to put everything in there to get it away. So I decided to pack it all up. When I get some more tubs to put away I will put the tubs on the bottom.

Big not so empty hole!!

Look at that! There is still room for more. I know once I get the other 2 tubs I plan on putting in there we'll be golden! Heck at this point I'm happy it is out of the living room!!




Here is the finished product! I've decided that if I ever need to hide from anyone this is where I"m going. Okay not any of you that are reading, but burglars or anything like that! So if the cops need to find me you can all tell them where to look :)


Finished product, I love it!

So I should end with saying that I had not counted this as a room that we needed to get done for the Day Zero project. So I am going to keep it at 0 done. But I am good with that, it just proves to me that The Hubs and I can get things done around the house and update what we want!!!

<3 The Wifey

3 comments:

  1. Hey nice work done and it really looks nice, and the color is also looking beautiful, proper utilization of place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's fantastic!!! What a good use of under-stair space! =) And def a good hiding spot =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I am super happy with it! You're both more than welcome to come hide with me! :)

    ReplyDelete